< Potatoes. :D
Potatoes rule!
Thursday, April 29, 2010 @
Hello!

SP CCA Showcase is ongoing now. Left with tomorrow! Yay! Kinda excited because we're gonna see new batch of members coming in!

By looking through the name list and after speaking to some new members who wanted to know more about SP Red Cross, I realized that there are many non-Singaporeans who inquired about us or joined us.

So? You may ask, does the nationality of the member matters? So what if you're Singaporean or a non-Singaporean?

Obviously it does not matter but its interesting factor to think about. It is just pure random-ness I guess.

People laughed and shrugged off when they walked past the booth. Some will say like, "eh, join Red Cross lah! *chuckles*" and stuff like that.

Obviously I don't really care about such people. Seriously. Its the same thing if I were to walk pass the Dragon Boating booth and my friend ask me to join. I will reply something like ,"You want me to die is it?"

Actually, the main purpose of this post is not to talk about Red Cross or why people don't want to join or why people want to join but rather to talk about CCA.

The main idea of CCA.

Why be involved in a CCA? Why bother?

A friend of mine told me that a friend of his told him that he was told by he's ex-colleagues during his Attachment that students should NOT be involved in CCAs or R/S or whatsoever.

They should focus on STUDYING.

=.=

I know of someone who has GPA of like 3.9 or smtg and super involved in his CCA. (It's not me ok? My GPA very cui ttm)

I firmly believe that students should or are highly encouraged to join CCA(s). By doing so, one will experience what people say as "Learning outside the classroom". Which is definitely true.

Its more of character development I supposed.

Besides, CCA can be/is a platform where you can spend time by doing what you like most doing your free time or if you have talent(s) like some of my friends who are in the performing arts CCA (really am proud of them!).

However, I'm so disappointed with some of the freshies or SP peeps.

Their first question is, "GOT ALOT OF CCA POINT ANOT?"

CCA points?

This is the MAIN reason why they join CCA? To earn cca points, to get a superb testimonial etc etc.

"I want join XYZ cca cos they will give alot of cca points."

What happen to reasons like

"Experience"

"Because I love to play the violin thats why I joined"

"Because I want to be fit and trim"

"Because I love water sports so I joined wakeboarding"

"Because I want to contribute back to the society"


Take some time to think. Why do you join a CCA for?

oh hello stranger
Hello stranger, do you like potatoes? I oh-so-love potatoes, they give me high sensations. If you hate potatoes, I hate you. So, go join the anti-potato-ians and hide in a corner.

potato chips

Iskandar Bin Ali



Facebook

Iskandar Bin Ali is a fan of

Super JuniorSuper Junior
Iskandar Bin Ali
Singapore Poly
Dip in Financial Informatics
SP Red Cross
Humanitarian Network
Ex-Adssian
Bwahahaha, POTATOES SHALL DOMINATE THE WORLD!

train to nowhere
friends
Me
Iskandar's Tumblr
ADSS
Adss RCY
Amirah
Khairul
Syahira
Geraldine
Charles
Aimaan
Yong Yee
Jia Li
Saerah
Shermin
Syafiqah
Darel
Sabina
Syukri
Summer
Joanne

Ex-colleagues

Chong You
Yong Xiang

SP
Nicholas
Vivien
Yanling

Edwin
Pricilla
Yao Zhong
Wylie
Xin Yi
Leon
Bexton
Hadah
Dean
Noelle
Shiting
Joei
Se7en