< Potatoes. :D
Potatoes rule!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 @
Hey. I wanna blog about Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief && Half Nelson. I going to judge them by:

Plot
Plot is pretty crucial to me. I will really hate that movie if I don't get the plot or the plot is just plain horrible.

One example of a movie with a NO NO for plot is Transformers 2. That movie was just plain dull. I cannot remember much about movie at all. It's about bringing peace to the world. Blah blah blah.

An example of a good plot to me which has to be original and unique is the recent movie that was just released: Day breakers. Original because its about Vampires that rule the present day world and are facing a crisis where there is insufficient human blood as human are endangered species. Though the Vampires "farm" Humans for blood, it's kinda unlimited and humans die because they grew old. (LOL) How to they tackle the problem? How did the remaining Humans tried to survive the crisis? Haha. Go watch to find out ;)

Acting
Acting is very very important to me. The whole movie will be a flop if the acting was horrible despite the great plot. A must have for all movies to succeed.

Others (Effects, scenery etc)
Effects. Yes. These are important too you know. You don't wanna make your movie look cheap right?

Overall
Need I explain on this? LOL

Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief



Here's the trailer.

Plot wise, its not too bad. There not much movie out there about the Greek Gods. Though its about bringing peace to the world, its kinda ok. I get the plot. It makes sense. Acting is convincing and the effects are good. On the whole, the movie was entertaining but wasn't memorable. I won't remember it in 3 months time. I will probably watch it again at Star Movies or HBO if I happen to be watching TV and there's nothing to watch. Haha. Average


Half Nelson



Half Nelson. How did I came about on this show?

It first was showing at Central (now called Okto) several years back. It was my secondary school days and it was a Sunday night. I think I was doing homework. Probably POA or Social Studies. Or was it Physics? Ok, that's not the point. The point is, I was bored and I was poking around in the house. Looking at my sister at what they're doing, Homework. My cat, Sleeping. My dad? Football. My mum was at her room watching TV and it happens to be Half Nelson. I kinda heard of that show at that point in time because it had alot of positive reviews and thus, there was a buzz going on about this show.

Then I watched the show. BUT, I only watched halfway because I grew bored with it. I was craving for action packed scenes with throat silting moments or something. LOL.

Then I didn't watch that show anymore till last night. Several days ago, I watched the Notebook. Yes, a romance movie. And NO its not gay for a guy to watch romance movie. LOL.

Trailer for notebook here:



Sidetrack about: I love The Notebook movie. Very sweet and touching. Though they both died at last (spoiler!), it was a very enjoy enjoyable movie. :D

Okay. So I wondered, the guy in the Notebook was very familiar. Where else have I seen him? The female actress was obvious. She was in Mean Girls and the Sherlock Holmes. But the guy?

So I goggled and realized he played in Half Nelson! OMG. Haha.

Half Nelson

The movie was great. The plot was new and creative. Flawless acting by the whole crew. Actually, that made it stand out. The acting was top notch. Superb movie because I finally understand after 3 years. LOL. Haha. :D

Yes, long post. Just ended studying BAUE. I'm confident! Going to watch AMERICAN IDOL! then off to Java! :D

Cheers :D

oh hello stranger
Hello stranger, do you like potatoes? I oh-so-love potatoes, they give me high sensations. If you hate potatoes, I hate you. So, go join the anti-potato-ians and hide in a corner.

potato chips

Iskandar Bin Ali



Facebook

Iskandar Bin Ali is a fan of

Super JuniorSuper Junior
Iskandar Bin Ali
Singapore Poly
Dip in Financial Informatics
SP Red Cross
Humanitarian Network
Ex-Adssian
Bwahahaha, POTATOES SHALL DOMINATE THE WORLD!

train to nowhere
friends
Me
Iskandar's Tumblr
ADSS
Adss RCY
Amirah
Khairul
Syahira
Geraldine
Charles
Aimaan
Yong Yee
Jia Li
Saerah
Shermin
Syafiqah
Darel
Sabina
Syukri
Summer
Joanne

Ex-colleagues

Chong You
Yong Xiang

SP
Nicholas
Vivien
Yanling

Edwin
Pricilla
Yao Zhong
Wylie
Xin Yi
Leon
Bexton
Hadah
Dean
Noelle
Shiting
Joei
Se7en